Energy is one of the most important commodities in India, particularly in the industrial sector. After the USA, China, and Russia, India stands fourth in terms of high level of energy demands. The energy consumption in India has increased by 80%. In 2002, the total percentage of energy consumption was 30 Mtoe while in 2012, it was 564 Mtoe. Energy cost, in India, constitutes about 10% to 20% of the total cost. And, industries nowadays are seeking efficient energy management solutions to optimise costs and improving competitiveness. Let’s take a look at the energy management scenario:
1. For implementing effective energy management solutions, the organisations need to take a holistic approach towards energy usage. A deep understanding of the total energy consumption is essential for development and optimisation of energy management solutions.
2. Energy Management is the process which is undertaken with a primary motive of resource conservation, cost saving, and climate protection. Industries mainly target three areas for energy management: managing their energy supply, reduction in energy wastage, and utilising technology for energy efficiency.
3. In the recent past, renewable sources of energy have emerged as one of the most reliable options for procuring energy. Companies are mostly resorting to renewable sources of energy not only from the perspective of sustainability but also due to the increased competitiveness of these resources.
4. Till 2013, the solar power installed capacity has witnessed a considerable growth. Until October 2013, more than 2000 MW of solar power facilities has been installed. However, more than 70% of these facilities are concentrated in Rajasthan and Gujarat.
5. Monitoring and metering remain the heart of efficient energy management solutions. Metering helps in assessing your energy performance and spotting the problem areas that are leading to higher energy consumption. The analysis and comparison of bills and meter readings give you a comprehensive idea of the patterns of your energy usage.
Simple steps such as monitoring thermostat, changing light fittings, replacing faulty machinery can open your ways to energy saving opportunities. Apart from that, you can even install an energy management system for optimising your energy usage. If you are looking for comprehensive energy management solutions, get in touch with us at www.mbcontrol.com/contact-us.